3980 Broadway Suite 103 Box 139
Boulder, CO 80304
Toll free: 888.891.9416
Human Resources/Digital Media
Public News Service is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and multicultural work environment and occasionally seeks highly qualified candidates to join its team of committed social entrepreneurs. Ideal candidates are results-oriented and have a sense of humor; self-starters that can also follow established protocols and work well with different personalities in a rapidly changing environment.
If you would like us to have your resume on file, you are invited to e-mail it to email@example.com.
Wanted: Fearless, fiscal, fun-loving, high energy money magnet who consistently achieves or exceeds revenue goals, is detail-oriented and thrives on making calls/contacts every day. We are a growing social mission AP-style public interest news service, described as "cause reporting that reaches far beyond the choir" by Joan Blades, co-founder of MoveOn.org. Now reaching an average of 30 million people per week though 1,000s of news outlets, PNS pioneered the "Fund a Beat" model — so anyone can be a philanthropist and support media solutions that improve public debate. A passion for positive evolution is key, our work is a critical piece in support of helping to create and maintain a vibrant democracy.
We look for innovative employees with multi-faceted gifts who create and execute big solutions. Corporate culture: results-driven, joyful & deadline-oriented in casual working environment (you may find us planking or enjoying chocolate breaks at any given time!)
- Achieve revenue targets for the year; including new and renewing support
- Work with CEO to create new fundraising strategies and evaluate tactics
- Develop and write text for all collateral
- Manage, train and support outreach/sales efforts (may include partner organizations)
- Oversee online marketing & presence for various products in coordination with social media team
- Work with managing and regional editors as necessary
- Work with HR to hire additional development/membership staff and manage team
- Develop and implement a comprehensive online fundraising plan
- Create and implement a donor/member efforts, including communications calendar
- Other duties as mutually agreed
- Minimum 5 years of fundraising/marketing/sales experience with proven results (in a non-profit and/or media setting will get you to the top of the stack)
- Strong commitment to the PNS mission
- Track record of directly soliciting and securing new business — 95% via phone and electronic communication
- High level comfort with technology, internet research, CSM database experience, online marketing
- Demonstrated creative problem solving, strategic thinking abilities and excellent judgment
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Superior attention to detail, strong follow-through and the ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility and a good sense of humor
- Ability to travel occasionally
Join Us! Applicants should email a resume and cover letter to: Lisa Collard at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our website and Facebook page to learn more about what we do: www.publicnewsservice.org & www.facebook.com/PublicNewsService
Nitty Gritty: Salary $45-$55K base + commissions. This is a full-time position based in Boulder, CO. Competitive health & retirement plans with superior vacation benefits (because we work hard and think you should play hard too!)
The Public News Service is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, alienage and citizenship, gender identity/expression or other protected status under federal, state or local law.
WANTED: Audio Broadcast News Producers - Must be available afternoons
If you are passionate about social, environmental, economic and community issues and understand commercial and noncommercial broadcast and print/online outlets, join our team!
Public News Service has several positions around the country for experienced news producers/reporters. The right candidates are results-oriented, self-starters who can also follow established protocols and works well with different personalities in a rapidly changing environment. You must have a home office capable of recording and producing complete audio stories ready for broadcast. Video gear and skills a plus. Sense of humor and innovative spirit very important.
The Candidates Need:
- at least 3-5 years of experience working in a fast-paced online news environment (commercial stations and wire service work preferred)
- high comfort with technology and use of various software; demonstrated expertise with digital recording and editing
- strong communication skills and the ability to coordinate intense levels of e-mail correspondence and phone calls
- familiarity with the news environment, progressive politics, cultural trends, and emerging issues
- excellent editorial, voice, social media, technical and interpersonal skills
Primarily phone sound, story duration approx. 1:30 min each. In addition to reporting and producing daily broadcasts the position may also generate original web content for the PNS web page. Some night, weekend and holiday work may be required. The expected workload varies by region. Competitive pay.
Please only apply with the required skills/experience and values and mindset as described above. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com - with "PNS Producer" in the subject line.