3980 Broadway Suite 103 Box 139
Boulder, CO 80304
Toll free: 888.891.9416
Senior Operations Associate
Public News Service is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and multicultural work environment and occasionally seeks highly qualified candidates to join its team of committed social entrepreneurs. Ideal candidates are results-oriented and have a sense of humor; self-starters that can also follow established protocols and work well with different personalities in a rapidly changing environment.
If you would like us to have your resume on file, you are invited to e-mail it to email@example.com.
Marketing/Business Development Specialist for Independent Media
Public News Service (PNS) is a member-supported news service that advocates journalism in the public interest. PNS's network of state-based news services distribute high quality public interest news and information to both mainstream and alternative media on a daily basis. We see news as ongoing public education, and our work sustains people's ability to make informed and educated decisions in support of a vibrant democracy.
We rely on multiple revenue streams, and currently depend primarily on member support. We're looking for an experienced business development professional to join our development team and help grow our business. This person will have considerable development experience, successfully fundraising for public interest causes and/or public interest media. Advocacy experience a bonus!
This is a full-time position in our Boulder, CO office.
PNS is seeking a determined and persuasive Marketing/Business Development Specialist to join our team. This person will be responsible for bringing new member organizations on board, providing excellent member account management,and is expected to meet or exceed annual revenue goals and grow the current base. The Marketing/ Business Development Specialist will create new prospects, close new deals, renew current supporters and aid and support member organizations as they move through the joining process.
- Passionate about social issues
- Sales and/or development background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High comfort with technology
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently
- Professional phone/email presence in talking to members and prospects
- Familiar with the workings of the non-profit sector preferred
- Must be able to occasionally travel for on-site meetings
- Creativity and sense of humor are key
Applicants should email a resume and cover letter detailing why working with PNS appeals to you to: Lisa Collard at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "PNS Sales" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Public News Service is an equal opportunity employer. Base salary commensurate with experience, plus commissions. For more information visit www.publicnewsservice.org
WANTED: Audio Broadcast News Producers - Must be available afternoons
If you are passionate about social, environmental, economic and community issues and understand commercial and noncommercial broadcast and print/online outlets, join our team!
Public News Service has several positions around the country for experienced news producers/reporters. The right candidates are results-oriented, self-starters who can also follow established protocols and works well with different personalities in a rapidly changing environment. You must have a home office capable of recording and producing complete audio stories ready for broadcast. Video gear and skills a plus. Sense of humor and innovative spirit very important.
The Candidates Need:
- at least 3-5 years of experience working in a fast-paced online news environment (commercial stations and wire service work preferred)
- high comfort with technology and use of various software; demonstrated expertise with digital recording and editing
- strong communication skills and the ability to coordinate intense levels of e-mail correspondence and phone calls
- familiarity with the news environment, progressive politics, cultural trends, and emerging issues
- excellent editorial, voice, social media, technical and interpersonal skills
Primarily phone sound, story duration approx. 1:30 min each. In addition to reporting and producing daily broadcasts the position may also generate original web content for the PNS web page. Some night, weekend and holiday work may be required. The expected workload varies by region. Competitive pay.
Please only apply with the required skills/experience and values and mindset as described above. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com - with "PNS Producer" in the subject line.